sexta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2017

Book Blitz: "Corrupt Me" - Jillian Quinn


Title: Corrupt Me (Philly Corruption #1)
Author: Jillian Quinn
Publication date: January 17th 2017
Genres: New Adult, Romance

Synopsis
Izzie Rinaldi has everything going for her. All she has to do is make it through her senior year of college, and then she’ll be off to law school, one step closer to assuming her position at the head of her family’s empire. After a chance encounter with the campus bad boy, Izzie can’t get him out of her head.
Luca Marchese, the smooth-talking son of the most notorious man in Philadelphia, is used to getting what he wants. He hasn’t forgotten the girl he knew as a child, and now that he has Izzie’s attention, Luca will stop at nothing to have her.
Luca’s defiance of the law turns Izzie on more than she cares to admit. She wants Luca to corrupt her in every way possible, despite his reputation as the king of one-night stands. Their attraction is undeniable, but their desire for one another isn’t enough for Izzie to overlook visits from federal agents and the potential ruin of her family.
Linked to Luca and a criminal underworld, Izzie discovers she’s more like him than she thought. But a future with Luca could mean swapping her diamond bracelets for a pair of handcuffs.

Corrupt Me is a standalone novel that is the first book in the Philly Corruption series.



Excerpt 1
Most of the guys on campus, my brothers included, would give their right nut for one night with Izzie. I’d been waiting for a shot with her for years, and I wasn’t about to waste this opportunity.
Mark threw his hands out at his sides, as if saying, I don’t know. “You were a mess last time, Luca. When your families stopped talking to each other, I thought you were going to lose your shit. You were heartbroken over Izzie when we were kids.”
“That’s why I’m not letting her go this time.”
He ran a hand through his spiky auburn hair. “That girl is nothing but trouble. I’m just trying to look out for you. Do what you want, but we both know how this is going to end.”
I reached for my door at the end of the hallway and turned until I was facing Mark. “I’m taking a shower. Meet me downstairs later, if you wanna come.”
I thought I heard Mark sigh, and then his door closed.
Now that I’d made up my mind about Izzie, I couldn’t turn back. We’d met years ago, long before college, at a fundraiser our families attended, and even as a little girl, Izzie was gorgeous. She obviously forgot about it. Either that, or she preferred to believe we weren’t cut from the same designer fabric.
I had to see if she would give me a chance. What was I thinking? She’d yelled at me one time, and I was already stalking her. I did not stalk women, especially not to get laid.
But Izzie was so much more than that. She deserved better than my usual treatment.

Excerpt 2
The thrill of doing something wrong, waiting to be caught in the act, always seemed more exciting than sex. Maybe there was something wrong with me, an inner sickness that I needed to address. For whatever reason, those small victories would get my juices flowing.
We yell-laughed, skirting around innocent bystanders, as we made our victory lap. Oblivious to my surroundings, my celebration ended faster than it had begun as I crashed headfirst into a thick wall of hunky man flesh. It happened so fast that I hadn’t had time to brace myself for impact, doing a half flip along with him. He landed on his back with me face-planting on top of him, my breasts pressed against his chin.
Of all the people to bump into, it had to be Luca Marchese. His cocky grin made my lip curl with revulsion even though he seemed to have the opposite effect on my nipples. One glance from him, and they betrayed me.
“Hey, princess.” His voice was deeper, sexier, than I remembered from class.
I blushed ten shades of pink from my cheeks to my neck, distracted by denim-blue irises set under dark brows. I rolled my eyes, attempting to peel myself off his bare chest, but he grabbed my wrists.
“Not so fast. I think you owe me an explanation.”
“I don’t owe you shit.”
I wiggled free from his grasp, straddling him without meaning to. I held his arms flat against the grass. Our faces were inches apart as I hovered over him, the sexual tension burning between us like a lit match. We shared a short-lived moment until his eyes found my breasts again, and he winked.
“Perv,” I said through clenched teeth.
Lean muscles brushed against my legs as he moved.
“What? You can’t fault me for checking you out”—he tilted his head to the side, his gaze falling over each of my curves—“especially when you’re shoving some of your best features in my face.”
He propped himself up onto his elbow and reached for my waist with his other hand, but I swatted his hand before he could touch me.
“You’re a feisty one. Got a mouth on you, too.” A fire blazed behind those beautiful blue eyes. “What I’d like to do with that dirty mouth of yours,” he said, rolling his tongue over his lip.
Damn, he had nice lips, both full and perfect. Every part of me wanted to lean in and kiss him and shove my fingers through his dark waves. No boy had ever affected me this way. But he was a man, not a boy. With radiant olive skin, chiseled features, and toned in all the right places, he could be a model.
My breath hitched at his comment.
I wasn’t sure, but I swore I could feel his erection pressing against my thigh, which should have freaked me out. Instead, I looked down, irritated that it turned me on more than I cared to admit.

Excerpt 3
Face up on the coffee table, a copy of Philadelphia Magazine haunted me. Grandfather’s cold dark features stared back, giving me an eerie feeling, as though he were in the room with us. Even at a distance, he frightened me. He sat in a gold throne, dressed in a black Gucci suit, his elbow on the arm and his fist resting under his chin. Angelo Rinaldi III had the power to kill you with one look.
The headline read, Everything Rinaldi Touches Turns to Gold.
That part was true, given his string of successful mergers and acquisitions. He had taken his father’s profitable holding company and turned it into a multibillion-dollar conglomerate. One day, that would be my legacy—sitting atop my seat of power while glaring beneath me as my cold heart devoured everyone around me. I didn’t want to turn into Grandfather, but I had a feeling that the Rinaldi aura would settle so far beneath my skin, it would creep into my bones.
I came from a long line of assholes. There was no nice way to say it. Philadelphia Magazine had done a four-page spread on how our family made our money. Of course, they’d left out the real story—the one that would have blown the lid off our secrets, the story only a handful of people knew. Investors wouldn’t take too kindly to racketeers investing their hard-earned money.
I chugged half the mug, the warm liquid running down my throat, and threw the magazine on the floor with a sigh. “Luca’s such a Preston. I can’t believe I offered to let him meet up with us. Can we go somewhere else instead?”
“Five years later, and you still call all guys Preston. It’s time to come up with a new name. And there’s no way in hell you’re canceling. I’ve been wanting to hook up with Hunter since sophomore year. Don’t ruin this for me.”
“They’re all Prestons. The more money they have, the worse they are. It’s just a fact.”
Silvia had dated dozens of men like Luca and Hunter. For illustration’s sake, I would call them Preston, after the first snobby rich kid who had broken her heart. Even his name, Preston Greyson, screamed pretentious. I mean, c’mon.
I used boys when I wanted and on my terms.
Luca was wrong on so many levels and not because of his familial connections. If anything, knowing they operated outside the law turned me on. His defiance of authority, the way he’d gripped me in the quad, his erection pressed against my thigh had made me wet with anticipation.
Why did the wrong thing always feel so right? Was there something inherently evil inside me, trying to break free?
I glanced at Silvia as I flipped through the channels. “What do you think? Should I hook up with Luca?”
Everyone on campus, for the most part, knew the Marchese family ran the Philadelphia crime family. I’d caught him staring at me during classes, and I’d dodged him any chance I could for the past three years.
But, today, I’d straddled him, and I’d liked it. He could have taken me on the lawn, and I would have let him.
And, now, I had Luca on the brain. Everything about him screamed danger, and I wanted him to corrupt me in every way possible. A red flag waved above my head, but I ignored it. I remembered him from when we were younger—though I’d never admit it. Doing so would mean my family was just as crooked, and in the eyes of investors, we had to appear squeaky clean. We had a public image to uphold.
“Hmm…” Silvia slid her hand behind her head, staring up at the ceiling, as if it held the answer to my question. “I don’t know. He’ll just use you for sex and go on his way, like he does with every other girl.”
I filled my cup with more liqueur than coffee and set the hot carafe on the pot holder on the table.
Sex wasn’t about love; it was about power. And that came to mind as I responded, “Not if I use him first.”

Excerpt 4
Of the three, Luca was the most attractive. And, judging by his cockiness, that wouldn’t be news to him.
Luca cleared his throat, a smirk tugging at his mouth. “Twice in one day.”
He tapped his knuckles on the table. It drove me crazy—the air of confidence he exuded, the whole I-own-the-school mentality. What a pompous ass.
I rolled my eyes and chugged the last sip of my soda. “Yay for me,” I deadpanned, holding the straw to my lips as I fought a smile. “Now, I know you’re stalking me.”
“Where are you really going tonight, bella donna?”
As much as I wanted to smirk, I liked hearing him tell me I was beautiful. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I struggled with my feelings for Luca. The butterflies doing somersaults in my stomach churned up acid from my picked over mystery dinner.
“Bella—” Luca said, breaking the silence.
“That’s not my name,” I just about spit the words. Even though Bella was a nickname for Isabella, I never liked that name much. Luca’s older brother, Mario, always called me Izzie when we were kids, and I thought Izzie better suited me. “You’re an ass, you know that?”
Luca ran his fingers through his dark hair, flashing a very Preston-like smile. “Let me take you out.”
“Not a chance.” My first thought at his words, “take you out,” was that he wanted to whack me, and that provided me with my own personal entertainment. But I knew he’d be pissed if I mentioned that aloud.
I almost felt bad when he frowned, but he recouped quickly. His looks made it so hard to hate on him for too long. Still, I couldn’t allow myself to become involved with someone like him. In some ways, it was a conflict of interest. There was a reason our families severed ties over the years even though I suspected Grandfather had kept in touch with Luca’s father.
I leaned on the table, meeting his gaze. “Is that part of your winning charm? You think you can give me that shit-eating grin, and I’m going to drop to my knees? Like I said, I’m not interested. If this is about earlier, I’d rather give you the money and be done with whatever this is we’re doing.”
He laughed. “I’m not that bad, babe.”
I snorted at his comment, annoyed by his pet names.
He scratched his jaw, the corner of his mouth opening a little bit. He didn’t need game. He had that crooked smile and that sexy mouth I wanted to smash my lips against.

Excerpt 5
Luca stared down the table at his friends, his one eyebrow raised. “You guys think you can help Bella out?” His tone indicated an order, not an option, and Mark and Hunter nodded in agreement.
I wondered if his family had them on the payroll, too.
What couldn’t his family’s money or power buy? Coming from an affluent family, I understood the concept, but he’d slid so far beneath my skin that I couldn’t stand to sit across from him anymore. Beyond irritated, I slammed my hand on the table, and Silvia jumped.
“That’s not my name. Stop calling me that! This might work on other girls, but it sure as shit doesn’t work on me.”
One side of his mouth turned up, twisting into another crooked fucking smile. He slipped his fingers through his hair, his blue eyes blaring into mine. “You’re even hotter when you’re angry. And that mouth…” His tongue glided across his bottom lip.
I stood, kicking the chair behind me with my foot, and pressed my palms to the table, meeting his gaze. “You talk so much shit, but you wouldn’t even know what to do with me if you had me. So, tell me, Luca, what would we do if I decided to slum it for the night?”
The nervous energy that ran in waves through my body magnified when Luca peeled his legs from the chair. He bent over the table so that our lips were practically touching. My skin was on fire, a sudden burst of heat traveling down to my thighs. I didn’t move because I’d never back down from him—or anyone else, for that matter.
“I’m willing to bet those panties you got in a bunch are soaking wet right now,” Luca whispered. “Am I right, princess?”
I inched back, my hands still on the table and my eyes fixed on Luca, hating that he was right. Damn, him. The corner of his mouth curled up into a wicked grin. He knew he had me, and I wanted him to corrupt me in every way possible.
“You’re an asshole.” That was the first thing that had come to mind even though I wanted to say so much more.
We were drawing an audience, the entire cafeteria waiting for our next move. Penny looked as though she wanted to lunge across the table and wring my neck—or his. I wasn’t sure which. Instead, she flicked her golden locks over her shoulder, feigning a semblance of a smirk.
“We’ll be at the party.” Silvia cupped her hand over mine, her gaze lingering between Luca and the sorority sisters who were glowing with delight. “Count us in.”
Never breaking eye contact, Luca grinned from ear to ear, despite the permanent scowl I wore in protest. “See you then, Bella.”
I snickered, giving him a look of death. “Can’t wait.”

Author Bio
Jillian Quinn was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and currently lives in sunny Cape Coral, Florida where she still pretends it’s okay to drink hot chocolate and curl up on the couch with a good book, even when it’s ninety degrees outside. From an early age, writing and storytelling have been her passion. In her spare time, she loves creating fictional worlds and living inside the minds of her characters as well as reading and watching hockey.
Jillian is also a successful book blogger, dubbed by her followers as The Queen of Rants after making her blog, Rant and Rave About Books, a popular destination in the bookish community because of her honesty and passion for books.
Corrupt Me is her first novel with other young adult and new adult titles to follow.



Giveaway (INTL - ends Jan 26th)


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário